When Con-way Truckload finds good drivers, we want to keep them.
That’s why Con-way Truckload established the Driver Retention department. The goal is simple: we listen to drivers, find out what they need, then make their job as easy as possible. Unlike other carriers that may only look at shipping and receiving, we treat our drivers like they're our top customer.
Committed to Driver Satisfaction
We focus on keeping our drivers happy. Our Driver Retention department has helped change the company’s entire culture by:
- Making "service to drivers" a priority throughout the company, from the CEO and fleet managers to recruiters, maintenance staff and driver support
- Creating better communication with drivers to promote driver retention
- Serving as a resource for driver questions and concerns
- Working with fleet managers and drivers to schedule flexible routes around important family occasions
- Making sure that when a driver calls with a question or problem, a Con-way Truckload employee stays on the phone until the problem is fixed or the person is found who can fix the problem
Satisfied Drivers Stay with Con-way
Con-way Truckload’s Driver Retention program sets us apart from other carriers – and our drivers are showing us it helps.
We have always been about 35% below the national average for driver turnover. With the new Driver Retention department and a renewed focus on drivers, Con-way Truckload’s recent turnover rates now approach 60% below the national average.
We want every driver to want to work at Con-way. As a driver for Con-way, you are a valuable part of our success.